Powerpoint presentation on HG

See research studies underway and learn how you can participate.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Powerpoint presentation on HG

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Oct 14, 2010 2:38 am

I´ll be presenting on HG (with a focus on debunking psychological myths about the condition) next week, and will need to do a powerpoint presentation. I only need 3 slides. Any ideas? Please let me know!
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby aaronsmommy » Oct 14, 2010 9:49 am

Only 3 slides! I am sure it will be a challenge to get what you want in to 3 slides. What are you thinking of putting on there? The DC presentation poster could be used to discuss the impact of hg http://www.helpher.org/downloads/dc_loss_poster.pdf The nvp-volmes.org site has good references on the causes of hg (Goodwin paper) if you are looking for references.

I have a few hg presentations lying around, but they are much longer than that, so I doubt you would want to use any of those slides, and they aren't pretty or anything.

What is the audience?
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Oct 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Thanks, Aimee! The DC poster is a bit more technical than what I´ve included in the paper that goes with the presentation. My audience is small, just my classmates and teacher in a master-level course on International Health Policy.
It´s just a 3-5 min. presentation. I think I´ll be ok with the slides I made last night, nothing fancy but they´ll work I hope.
I´d love some graphics or pictures, but I´m not sure what would be appropriate. A pic of a pg woman vomiting might be a bit tasteless.
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Postby aaronsmommy » Oct 14, 2010 11:26 pm

Some pictures of picc lines/ng tubes? You could ask one of these ladies if you could use some of theirs http://forum.helpher.org/viewtopic.php?t=7951

Maybe just a picture of a pathetic pg woman? I am guessing you don't want to use any of yourself?? Maybe someone could offer one? I know I have a few rather pathetic ones.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby eliana1300 » Oct 15, 2010 9:02 am

Perhaps you can use the HER logo (upper left corner)? Since it is only for class and education purposes, I don't think it is a copyright issue (I face copyright issues a lot at our church, and education is usually an exception).

I seem to remember that, in connection with the pictures of PICCs/IV tubes, someone also added a picture about the meds they had to use. I can't remember who, but maybe you can check with that person to use those pictures?
Eliana
1st pg = HG 8 weeks to c-section delivery due to breech presentation--D&C at 4 months PP for retained placenta
2nd pg = HG from 6 weeks up to 7 months--scheduled c-section
eliana1300
HG Diva

Postby Mom to Aidan & Daniel » Oct 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Thanks for those ideas. I would like a graphic of some sort. I think it would make it so much more real. I can´t find my own pics. I don´t have many of me during my first pg. Aimee, I´d love some pictures, if you have the time to upload and don´t mind my showing them here in Norway :) I don´t want to focus so much on the PICC lines as on how weak HG makes us look and feel.
Sarah
ImageImage
ImageImage
Mom to Aidan & Daniel
Master of HG

Return to Research Opportunities