The weight and the wait.

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

The weight and the wait.

Postby Junebug922 » Mar 03, 2016 11:06 am

Hi I'm new to this. I'm 24 weeks +4 days and still getting sick. I've only barely gained 3 pounds throughout my pregnancy. My doctors say my baby boy is growing fantastically but it does concern me that they don't seem to be all that worried that I'm still having days attached to the toilet throwing up, getting dizzy and feeling faint. Is it normal that they don't seem to be concerned? I know they say my baby is fine but their lack of concern makes me question them.
Junebug922

Re: The weight and the wait.

Postby serephimlafey » Mar 03, 2016 11:40 am

I would be concerned. my dr isn't concerned about my weight(I've lost 35 lbs so far, no gain) but everything else he had been on top of. his current priority is the baby's health and making sure I'm hydrated since the medication doesn't work well unless you are and if it doesn't work I vomit and get very nauseas. I would try to Talj to
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby serephimlafey » Mar 03, 2016 11:41 am

talk to your doctor about it and if they don't respond well you can try to find a new one.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby Keekapunk » Mar 03, 2016 1:02 pm

I'm 28+4 and only up 4lbs from my starting weight. I lost 20 lbs the first trimester because I basically didn't eat for 4 weeks. When I got my last ultrasound I was only up 12lbs from my lowest weight but baby was measuring about .5 lbs bigger than average size for that week. My doctor said that the female body is amazing, even when ridiculously sick it will ensure the baby gets what it needs.
Keekapunk

Postby Padds » Aug 28, 2016 1:40 am

Yeah I know what you mean, my dr is pretty much the same. Whenever I say that I'm always feeling sick and naucious he just says, "that's natural." But I just don't feel like it is.
I still prefer https://www.mixedink.com/phen375-review-results the Phen375 stuff.
Padds

Postby Cecilianan » Sep 22, 2016 12:52 pm

I think not all the doctors are necessarily aware of the gravity of this condition, since only 1-2% of the women actually experience it. It took me a long time to realize and suffered quite a bit before starting to take Zofran, which is helping. my mom had it but at her generation, there was no drugs. I am still 10 plus pounds down from pre pregnancy weight at 16 weeks. but similar to you above, the baby seems to do fine. but I did read a study about impact on the baby is we don't gain enough weight(preferably at least 7 kg through out pregnancy) so I am praying my appetite improves. http://www.helpher.org/HER-Research/downloads/Neurodevelopmental%20delay%20HG%20EJOG%202015%20pdf.pdf
Cecilianan

Return to Second Trimester HG