Are we there yet?

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Are we there yet?

Postby Keekapunk » Feb 22, 2016 3:48 pm

I'm 27 weeks tomorrow and I really wish I could just fast forward to May.

I ended up back in the hospital last week due to dehydration. I can keep fluids in the last few days but food and I still aren't getting along. I had been off work for Oct, November and December and have been back part time for the last 6 weeks. Today my OBGYN recommended that I go on full time leave once more. Due to my previous health issues and medications and my current state of affairs, I'm not doing myself or Wiggles any good by being at work. She's worried I'm going to have further complications between now and when I deliver.

It's frustrating having life come to such a halt when I'm so use to the opposite. Well I guess the next week's or months will be spent doing very little and hoping things maybe improve a little.
Keekapunk

Re: Are we there yet?

Postby serephimlafey » Feb 22, 2016 4:39 pm

it is so hard having your life put on hold for months. I've had the luck that with every pregnancy I'm doing that as soon as the hg starts until it goes. I hate it. I lost my job this time around which sucks because I loved it. the only real benifit do far is my 2 yr old loves having me stuck in bed so she can find me. she hated me working.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby Keekapunk » Feb 22, 2016 4:46 pm

I couldn't imagine having kids and feeling like this. If it wasn't for my husband and father in law I think I'd fall apart and that's with out little ones around.
Sorry to hear about your job situation. That's one area I am very fortunate in. I live in Canada and there are laws protecting jobs when you become pregnant. My company also offers short term disability that covers complications with pregnancy. I don't know where I'd be with out that.
Keekapunk

Postby serephimlafey » Feb 22, 2016 6:19 pm

I keep telling my husband we need to move to Canada..lol. my husband is a photographer so he works jobs in when he can and I have a 13 year old who will help with the 2 yr old. my nine year old doesn't help much but he doesn't handle stress well. it only works so well for me because I have the help I do. a good support system can do wonders
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Return to Second Trimester HG