Dizziness and fainting

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Dizziness and fainting

Postby Joswald20 » Feb 01, 2016 11:49 am

I'm starting to have good days in between bad days. But now I have a new symptom too. I'm getting really dizzy out of nowhere and almost passing out. Is this a common HG thing? I'm holding down 1 to 2 meals and day and getting fluids and it feels different than when I was dehydrated from having nothing in me. Is this common in the second trimester? I have an appt today at 4. But worried until then.
Joswald20

Re: Dizziness and fainting

Postby Hotbrass » Feb 01, 2016 10:33 pm

How did your appointment go? I had a really bad early morning yesterday and almost passed out trying to get to the bathroom. My issue turned out to be either something I ate (FOODMENT*** I tried to eat yogurt in the night and although I have never had a dairy allergy I think I do now) or a bit of a bug. I'm wondering if it's a blood pressure issue or hormones or what for you? Let us know how you are.
HGx4 - Long term dental issues and Esophageal Damage
Tank (19) Untreated! Fought Pre-E last 6 weeks
Angel (17) Untreated!
Cougar (10) 6 Zofran pills. Mild PPD
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

Postby Joswald20 » Feb 01, 2016 11:03 pm

They were completely unconcerned about anything. I could tell I was his last appointment of the day. He rushed through everything and since I gained a pound (according to a scale they've never even used before) that apparently means I'm all better and any other symptoms are "normal for some women". Just frustrated at this point because I don't feel like passing out is normal for anyone and I'm scared I'm going to do it while driving to work.
Joswald20

Postby Hotbrass » Feb 02, 2016 11:13 am

I'm sorry. That is very disconcerting. Don't you just love their logic?
I wonder if it's connected to medications such as a side effect? I'm assuming they checked your blood pressure and it must have looked decent. I dont blame you for being concerned. It could be your body adjusting with hormones or it could be something that needs to be looked at more closely. I'll be praying this passes real quick and that you stay safe ok.
HGx4 - Long term dental issues and Esophageal Damage
Tank (19) Untreated! Fought Pre-E last 6 weeks
Angel (17) Untreated!
Cougar (10) 6 Zofran pills. Mild PPD
Pumpkin (4) Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Homeopathy, IV's, Zofran and you name it, I've probably tried it.
H.F.G. is in the arms of Jesus (Miscarriage at 3 months/I was 40) after 2 months in bed sick.
Hotbrass
Been There Done That

Postby serephimlafey » Feb 02, 2016 1:59 pm

when I was pregnant with my first I was dizzy a lot. turns out it was a combo of me leading down so much and the zofran causes it to
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby lorijohnson » Feb 05, 2016 6:50 am

It's common to feel dizzy during pregnancy, but if it persists (or if you actually faint), put in a call to your practitioner just to make sure everything's okay. And keep in mind that no matter how "normal" it is, you shouldn't ignore it. So use common sense: no driving, working out, or handling anything that might cause you harm.

If dizziness or lightheadedness persists, tell your practitioner how you're feeling at your next visit – but if you actually pass out, call ASAP (once you come to, of course).
lorijohnson

Return to Second Trimester HG