Frustrated

Moms with HG in their 2nd trimester.

Moderators: JennyK, txmomma, Atsie, Cin

Frustrated

Postby LittleSprout » May 30, 2014 11:35 am

Well, the second tri board is a lot quieter than the first tri, I guess that's good news for lots of moms. :D

I had another humbling hospital stay yesterday. I've been feeling "better" - my husband goes to work, I get through the day (ok he comes home early) looking after my daughter even though most of that involves "Pixar babysitting" and reading books.

I just feel like, hey, I'm not barfing all the time now - as long as I'm rested, I'm really not! I mean, it was to the point where I feel like I don't even qualify for HG. Nauseated 24-7 for week 15, yes...but barfing? Very little.

So I ran an errand with my daughter. And thus, the hospital. I feel pathetic, and foolish, and my husband was frustrated that I overextended myself - and I'm frustrated that running an errand is overextending myself!

I think I feel trapped between HG and "normal". Because I don't feel like either right now.
HG, DD 2011
HG, loss 2013
HG, due 11-2014
LittleSprout
Welcomed Friend

Re: Frustrated

Postby Saph18 » Jun 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Hi Little Sprout!

This is one of the most difficult things, not to overdo it, when overdoing it means taking a shower, or run an errand!
Lots of hugs!

Tomorrow will be better! :)
DS 2012-10: HG from 7-Birth (Diclectin/Metoclopramide - Depression) Survivor
DD 2014-05: HG from 4-Birth (Diclectin/Zofran) Survivor
Saph18
Been There Done That

Postby mtnmomof2 » Jun 03, 2014 11:28 pm

i know feeling understood is something we all strive for. and it is frustrating feeling like you don't fit in either. i do not have severe vomiting. i have severe nausea and i have battled feelings of not being "HG" per say but you know, you know your body. you know whats normal and you don't need a term to define you. hang in there. read those books while you can, enjoy movies with your little one, i very much understand. and rest, don't try to be tough because thats when we realize how sick we really are. i tried to run an errand the other day and seriously went through the same thing. i understand how you feel.
mtnmomof2

Postby LittleSprout » Jun 05, 2014 9:45 pm

Thanks ladies, it's funny how HG can have different stages of difficulty. Now that I"m out of the "survival" phase of just trying to keep a little bit of food and fluids in each day, it's a different battle entirely - and a lot of that is a battle with my own stubbornness and pride. Sanctifying.
HG, DD 2011
HG, loss 2013
HG, due 11-2014
LittleSprout
Welcomed Friend

Postby Waitingforbaby#1 » Jun 29, 2014 9:23 am

Hi Littlesprout,
I'm so glad you're past the survival point, but I feel for you being stuck in that vague no man's land in the middle. You're right- it's very difficult in a whole other way. This post is pretty old- how are you now? I feel lucky in that as long as I take my medicine, I feel normal now and can eat fairly normally, too. It's taken so much time to get here, though! Can't believe I'll be able to post in the third trimester board in less than a month! Thinking of you and sendig you very strong & positive thoughts,
Sincerely,

Waitingforbaby#1

Miscarriage @ 7 or 8 weeks, 9/14/13- no nausea or HG
Baby #1 due 10/26/14- diagnosed with HG @ 12 wks, severe NVP or mild HG? 6-12 wks
Waitingforbaby#1

Postby beyondthepale » Jul 08, 2014 1:39 pm

i am feeling blah at this point....like you i'm not sure if i consider myself true HG right now. definitely had it in the beginning but it's controlled only b/c i am on a PICC line with fluids, zofran and steroid pretty much regularly. i have been feeling super tired lately. i've been working from home and trying to keep up with that b/c i have been out of work since 8 weeks pregnant, which was end of march. well it's now july and there's no sign of me being able to physically go into work. i'll be 24 weeks friday and i still though, gets bouts of severe nausea and dizziness. i have *grossment* started throwing up though when my dr scales back on my steroid so that's not good news for me :-( i'm a little nervous about being on the steroid for so long but in risks vs. benefits, i need it b/c i'm a total mess without it.
and in terms of running errands, yeah, no so much. i can go out for maybe an hour, hour and a half and then yeah, i start getting nauseous and dizzy and sweaty so i pretty much have told myself that i'll be in my room in bed on the laptop for the duration of the pregnancy. i mean everything is a struggle. maybe i was being naive, but i really thought that maybe by now, i'd be a bit better, just maybe....
angel baby - 9/14/2011 - severe HG
#1 due 10/31/14- HG being treated with PICC line
beyondthepale
Been There Done That

Postby lindseynicole010 » Dec 20, 2016 12:50 am

thanks
lindseynicole010

Return to Second Trimester HG