Seeking participants for my dissertation inspired by my HG

See research studies underway and learn how you can participate.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Seeking participants for my dissertation inspired by my HG

Postby mzzzny » Jan 31, 2016 5:55 pm

While going through my own process of trying to prevent HG 2 years ago, I was simultaneously working on my dissertation…struggling and trying to develop a topic which was and is an area of original study. At some point it occurred to me that the process that I was experiencing was something that might be (and I truly believe it to be) important to research, that this very experience had never been studied and is extremely important to study for so many reasons, including bringing attention to HG.
It took some time, but I finally completed my proposal last Spring, and I am currently recruiting women who are interested in meeting for a virtual interview.
Please see flyer below:
If you are a woman who experienced Hyperemesis Gravidarum (HG) in a previous pregnancy and are currently actively preparing to become pregnant, please consider taking part in a study to help enhance the understanding of your experience. Greater understanding of your experience may help to expand supports for women who have a history of HG.
I am a licensed clinical social worker and an HG survivor, who is conducting this research as a requirement for a doctorate in Social Work at Adelphi University. If you take part in this study, we will meet using Skype at a day and time convenient to you. Participation involves one interview of approximately one to two hours, and a review of the transcribed interview (approximately 2-4 hours), once it is completed. All information will be kept confidential.
If you wish to participate in this study, or would like more information, please email me at tarabulinlcsw@gmail.com or just PM me here. In addition, if you know of anyone who may meet criteria to participate in this study, please feel free to provide them with my contact information as well.
I look forward to hearing from you!!
Thank you. :)

DS: Severe HG (6 weeks - 14 weeks), Moderate HG (14 weeks - 23 weeks), Mild HG (23 weeks - delivery at 38 weeks).
mzzzny
Welcomed Friend

Return to Research Opportunities