What do you want/need from treatment?

See research studies underway and learn how you can participate.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Postby Arias » Sep 04, 2011 12:07 am

For me it would be:
1)Cessation of nausea
2)Cessation of vomiting
3)To be able to eat more
4)To be able to drink more
5)To feel better mentally

My story: I was pregnant April 2010. I got pretty sick at 5 weeks and it went downhill from there. I could not eat, drink, walk, shower. I was in the hospital for a few days due to dehydration. Meds I was on were Diclectin, Maxeran, Gravol. By the 8th week felt like I was going to die. I just wanted the nausea to stop. I was depressed. I ended up having and abortion because I could not take the torture anymore.

I got pregnant again in November 2010. Followed the same pattern as before. Meds I was on were: Diclectin, Maxeran, Zofran, Prilosec. This time had a miscarriage.

Thanks for taking the time to research this!
Arias

Postby makind » Sep 05, 2011 9:13 am

Without a doubt, to cease/reduce nausea would be top of my list. If there was an effective treatment for this, everything else would fall into place. I would have been able to eat/drink, have kept on the weight and subsequently stayed out of hospital. I wouldn't have had to resign from my job (1st pg), I would have been able to care for my daughter (2nd pg) and basically have been able to function as a normal person.

I'd also like to say thank you for taking an interest in HG. I pray for a cure in the future for both my daughters...and everyone else's!
Renae
2xHG survivor (iv fluids, oral zofran)
Currently suffering HG with #3
makind

Re: What do you want/need from treatment?

Postby Goldenova12 » May 20, 2014 5:10 am

For me, reduction of nausea is total priority. I think everything else a consequence of that. When I stopped to have a nausea (maybe for several hours per one day in one month), I started to feel much better and even went for food shopping, eating normally, having a healthy craving. I also felt much better mentally - like I returned to myself. Later that evening the nausea stroke again and it never got better since then during the months I was pregnant.
Wouldn't be interesting to take blood samples of women suffering from HG in order to figure out what values dropped when they suddenly start to feel better occasionally and for a moment? It must be linked to hormones, apart from other things.
Goldenova12

Previous

Return to Research Opportunities