HG Researchers need your help!

See research studies underway and learn how you can participate.

Moderator: Forum Administrators

HG Researchers need your help!

Postby mfejzo » Jan 28, 2008 12:16 am

HG Researchers need your help! We started in March 2007 and thanks to so many of you, we already have 466 eligible participants with HG and 145 eligible friend controls, but we need 1,000 participants with HG to get the job done!

This study is designed to identify individuals affected with HG, to study epidemiologic factors via an online survey, to collect DNA samples from saliva through the mail at no cost or travel for you, and to search for genes and risk factors that may be potentially associated with this condition. To be eligible, you must have suffered from HG and had treatment for your HG that includes i.v. fluids at least once. TPN and NG tube treatments also qualify. We also ask if possible, for you to recruit a friend with at least 2 pregnancies who has NOT suffered from HG to serve as a control. If you live in the United States and are interested, please contact Marlena Schoenberg Fejzo, PhD at

nvpstudy@usc.edu or (310)210-0802.

Identification of genes and risk factors that contribute to HG will lead to a better understanding of the causes of severe nausea and vomiting of pregnancy, and should be a first step toward the development of more effective treatments or a cure for this devastating disease.

For those of you already participating, if possible, please have your friend controls email me so I can start enrolling them. We will begin our first genetic testing on the first 100 cases and controls in the next few months-it is very exciting and I will post any results on this forum.
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Postby Princesshood » Mar 04, 2008 12:29 am

I don't know if it's too late to join or if I have the time, but very interested and can't wait for the results.
:hugs: Sara

Jak, Angel Baby since August 2006

Princesshood
HG Diva

Postby mfejzo » Mar 04, 2008 1:00 am

Yes we still need participants-we have 490 HGers, but we need 1,000 to get the study done. Please email me directly at nvpstudy@usc.edu so I can start the process with you.
Thank you!
Marlena
mfejzo
Been There Done That

Re: HG Researchers need your help!

Postby Xandra » Oct 17, 2014 1:06 am

I was tested extensively for H.Pylori....and several times....and do not have it....my mother in law who is a nurse, was convinced that I had it...so much so that she came to a doctors appointment and demanded I be tested for it....only to find out, they had....at that point...twice.
Xandra

Return to Research Opportunities