Doctors in Los Angeles

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Doctors in Los Angeles

Postby ahavah » Oct 11, 2011 3:15 pm

I have been to many (7) skilled OBGYNs in LA, but none of them understand hyperemesis enough to believe I need more than crackers and ginger ale. Many of them are too scared to prescribe Zofran. I am looking for a recommendation of someone in Los Angeles who will understand and give me a prescription for Zofran, perhaps even the pump.
I have read the list of referrals on this site and it is out of date. I am very sorry to say that Dr. Goodwin has passed away.
I am really at my wits end with the nausea and vomiting. I also cannot lose any more weight.
So if anyone can recommend someone, or currently vouch for a doctor on the referral list, I would be forever grateful. It doesn't have to be an OB, either.
ahavah

Postby aaronsmommy » Oct 11, 2011 7:42 pm

I can't say that I have any personal experience as a patient, but I know Dr Patrick Mullin at USC has taken over Dr Goodwin's research on HG and should be quite knowledgeable.

I knew Dr Goodwin had been having a lot of health issues and hasn't worked for quite a while, but hadn't heard that he had passed. Sad.
Aimee

Aaron 12/4/02
aaronsmommy
Forums Administrator

Postby DivineLotus » Oct 11, 2011 11:10 pm

I found my doc after 19 weeks and even then she gave me Zofran. She was my old gyno. I live in Panorama City. Pm me so I can give u her address. She's always been wonderful. I don't know exactly the extent of her treatment is because I was already eating by the time I went to her but she knows what Hyperemesis is. She also told me that I should have gone to her 1st insted of the clinlic I went to. I just didn't know she accepted medi_cal.
Second HG baby. 8/6/15
Treated with zofran, diclegis, compro, colace, jigsaw magnesium. HG 7 weeks - 17 weeks. Continued meds.

First HG baby. 4/11/11
HG 4-20weeks, little treatment, severe. Zofran, reglan, B6, placenta pervia, lost 12lbs, depression, ptsd.
DivineLotus
Opinionated HGer

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment