Need help getting my medicine

Get help finding a doctor or discuss questions about/difficulties with your insurance or employer.

Moderators: Atsie, aaronsmommy

Need help getting my medicine

Postby garnet » Jun 18, 2011 1:04 pm

I've been through pretty much all of my options for depression. I get a dystonic reaction from the range of them. My doctor and I have had luck with exactly one drug, wellbutrin xl. The generic makes me terribly sick. (I had a dreadful time with finding meds for HG too.)

Anyway, does anyone have any thoughts on finding a program that might help me attain the med? We are sure to qualify for any low income program. I see things on google, but it's hard to spot a scam... thinking maybe someone might have personal experience.

The cost of brand is so far beyond our grasp. But I am beyond words better while on it. My psych has written brand only on my script, and will help me if she needs to vouch for my drug allergies, and that I've tried everything else.

Any thoughts? :?
garnet - mom to Nathaniel. Hg from week 7 - 36 (birth).
my blog
In the NICU since he was born, on 5/17/11 - 8/17/11
garnet
Been There Done That

Postby eliana1300 » Jun 18, 2011 4:37 pm

I think wellbutrin is one those medicines where they will give you financia assistance from the main company. If it is astra-zenaca, I know they have a plan like that. You just have to call the company. It sounds like you would qualify (i know I wouldn't).
Eliana
1st pg = HG 8 weeks to c-section delivery due to breech presentation--D&C at 4 months PP for retained placenta
2nd pg = HG from 6 weeks up to 7 months--scheduled c-section
eliana1300
HG Diva

Return to Help with Finding a Doctor, Insurance & Employment