Don't know what to do...?

Including Post Partum Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder & flashbacks.

Moderators: tgger007, teddi, Schatje

Don't know what to do...?

Postby DixieRose » Jan 22, 2014 6:28 pm

Hi my name is Jaleesa and I am 20 weeks along today. I have been suffering with HG since week 4 of this pregnancy. I have been in the hospital numerous times for IV fluids and lost significant weight (-31 lbs, 14%). About 2 weeks ago I noticed a slight let up in my symptoms but not enough to make me feel like this pregnancy is going any faster. I feel like this past 20 weeks have been so drug out and long and I can't help but feel like the next 20 weeks is going to continue as such. I have not been put on bed rest but my doctor did suspend me from working because of the conditions I work under so I have been home for the past 2-3 months. I struggle everyday with my HG even though my vomiting and dehydration seems to be under control for the time being. I literally have to continuously eat all day long in order to avoid significant nausea and it's absolutely exhausting, not to mention only being able to eat certain things. Prior to my pregnancy I was on Zoloft for both anxiety and depression, but due to my HG and inability to keep anything down for so long before I am no long on it and believe my doctor planned to take me off when the 3rd trimester came around due to somewhat elevated risks for baby. IM SO SICK AND TIRED OF BEING SICK AND TIRED! Sometimes I feel so nauseous/sick that all I can do is lay down and try to sleep and that usually makes me feel worse because then things around the house don't get done that need to get done. Anybody have any similar experiences? I honestly just don't know what to do at all.

P.S.- I've tried everything for nausea, both home remedies and medications. I am currently on behind the ear patches, reglan, and zantac, these are the only 3 things that I can seem to handle(yes i've tried zofran and phenegren)
DixieRose

Re: Don't know what to do...?

Postby DebbieS » Jan 22, 2014 11:21 pm

I've been wondering how you've been going. I like your description of being sick and tired of being sick and tired. Some here have taken Zoloft during the pregnancy, and it's benefits (being able to cope & take care of yourself & therefore your pregnancy) can outway any risks. It may be worth looking into. I wish I could help your pregnancy go faster too. To get through my pregnancies I slept, slept and slept, and was glad when each day was over.
Deb
3xHG
DS 2003; Loss 2005.
DD 2007.
DebbieS
Devoted to You

Postby darceymaria » Jan 24, 2014 2:52 pm

Hang in there, even thought I know that doesn't help much. It may be that in a week or two it will be better! around 20 weeks I was finally feeling good and it was the most amazing relief. Hopefully that will happen for you too! Have you thought about seeing a therapist to deal with the feelings?
darceymaria

Postby Brynn1984 » Jan 29, 2014 8:37 pm

I was on Zoloft and Ativan for my second and third trimesters and found that they really helped. I would be happy to talk to you about my experience if you would like!
Baby boy Benjamin born on 10.22.12!
Severe HG week 5 - 18, Moderate HG week 19 - 22, Mild HG week 23 - 30
Treatments: PICC line with TPN, Midline with fluids, Zofran, Ativan, Zoloft, Protonix, Milk of Magnesia
Total weight loss: 25 pounds

http://irondadblog.wordpress.com/

Brynn1984
Been There Done That

Postby Kathy G » Feb 05, 2014 9:01 pm

hi,
boy do i understand being sick and tired of being sick and tired! have you tried diclegis? it has worked better for me than zofran and all the rest of the meds. the major issue is, of course, keeping it down :( i'm currently week 18. with my first pregnancy it let up around week 21 but this time it's been even more severe. i'm worried that this time the HG will stay with me the whole pregnancy and i get really worked up and worried and scared how i'm going to last for the second half of the pregnancy. but i know i shouldnt think about it. maybe i'll wake up tomorrow and i'll have relief. trying to stay hopeful?

kathy
Kathy G

Return to Anxiety & Depression During & After HG