I'm done

Discuss the triumph or heartache of not having more children, and the struggle to make that decision.

Moderators: JennyK, nomore, dwtegli

I'm done

Postby serephimlafey » May 15, 2013 2:10 pm

I talked to my doctor today about how soon i can fill out the papers to set up getting a tubal. He said any time but no later than a month before. He let me have till my next appointment to decide for sure but i am done. I will have three wonderful children after three Hg pregnancies. No more for me.
Barbara
Mommy to
Eli, Dec 02, first hg baby
Luc, Mar 06, second hg baby
Mairin Jade, Nov 13, 3rd hg baby
And baby #4 due early Aug. Hg from 5 weeks
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Re: I'm done

Postby leahmsilverman » May 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Same here. I wouldn't have wanted to make this decision after the first, and wasn't ready to have the second... even though I thought then that I wouldn't have any more (surprise!). But this time around? I've already filled out the paperwork and the tubal ligation is set to happen right after the baby delivers. It is a really tough decision to make, but I feel like it is the right one for me. Especially since my body can't handle any form of birth control and I am (obviously) not very good at natural family planning. I feel like this is the right thing for me to do. 3 HG pregnancies is also my limit.
DS 12/22/08, hg from 10wks to birth
DS 09/15/10, hg from 6wks to birth
DS due in 08/2013, hg from 4wks to birth

Certified Lactation Counselor (CLC)
leahmsilverman
Been There Done That

Postby LadyBug1 » May 15, 2013 4:06 pm

I suggest, even if you aren't 100% certain you fill out the paperwork, because of the insurance waiting period. That's what I did. I was about 98% certain I wanted it, so I did the paperwork. You don't have to have the tubal just because the papers are filled out. The actual tubal wasn't bad at all, recovery is pretty sore, especially since they are pushing there to check your uterus size the whole time you're in the hospital.
DD 05/2010 - moderate HG 7-20 weeks (phenegran, IV fluids/zofran), mild HG 20-birth, lost 11% bodyweight
DS 05/2013 - mild HG 6 weeks - 35 weeks (zofran, zantac, B6, tums, colace), MS 35-birth (zofran as needed), lost 7% bodyweight

Tubal ligation following the birth of DS.

My perfect family was worth every minute.
LadyBug1
Been There Done That

Postby serephimlafey » May 16, 2013 10:04 am

Im definitly ready for one, I'm just scared and wondering how it will affect things like breast feeding. I know for sure i will do this. Just have to come to terms with the additional surgery and recovery. Every one i have talked to about it also supports my choice. I think my dad is the happiest. He worries so much when i get sick.
Barbara
Mommy to
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Postby LadyBug1 » May 17, 2013 4:35 pm

For me it hasn't had an impact on breastfeeding. You just need to be careful when positioning to find something comfortable where baby isn't likely to kick the incision.
DD 05/2010 - moderate HG 7-20 weeks (phenegran, IV fluids/zofran), mild HG 20-birth, lost 11% bodyweight
DS 05/2013 - mild HG 6 weeks - 35 weeks (zofran, zantac, B6, tums, colace), MS 35-birth (zofran as needed), lost 7% bodyweight

Tubal ligation following the birth of DS.

My perfect family was worth every minute.
LadyBug1
Been There Done That

Postby serephimlafey » May 17, 2013 9:32 pm

That's good to know. I definitely plan on breast feeding.
Barbara
Mommy to
serephimlafey
Been There Done That

Return to No more for me!?